‘The Walnut’ is a beautiful barn conversion, deep in the Norfolk countryside but close to lots of wonderful beaches. Converted in 2018, The Walnut is a single storey barn conversion in a peaceful, rural location where the views across the fields from the bedrooms, lounge and courtyard are uninterrupted and far-reaching. The views and huge Norfolk skies can also be enjoyed from the warm, bubbling, luxuriousness of the hot tub – what could be better than laying back in the hot tub after a long walk along one of our local beaches…….and relax! And how about stargazing, watching shooting stars, the space station – we’ve seen them all in the night skies from the hot tub while listening to the local tawny owls calling. There are quiet footpaths nearby; long walks, short walks, circular walks; here are a couple of routes
When you arrive
Parking: There is dedicated parking for two large cars, possibly more by arrangement, in the gravelled yard. If you arrive after dark, there is automatic, movement activated lighting in the parking area and courtyard.
Entry through the courtyard from the parking area into the open-plan lounge and kitchen-diner area. There is Karndean flooring throughout the Walnut. The kitchen has all the usual appliances with an electric Aga, combination microwave, dishwasher, coffee machine, toaster, kettle and 34 litre counter-top freezer and there’s plenty of room for two or more people to cook together. There’s the usual crockery and cooking equipment, tea towels, cook-book etc and vintage pine dining table with four chairs.
The Lounge is part of the open-plan living area. There are two comfortable sofas which can easily convert into sofa-beds, large flat-screen QLED Smart TV, family games and books. There are bi-fold doors which open onto the fully enclosed courtyard.
The Courtyard is enclosed with a 6ft wall separating it from the rest of the site and 3ft wooden fencing around to allow uninterrupted views across the Norfolk countryside. In one corner is the five-seater hot tub with 23 jets that relieve tension in targeted areas including your back, neck, shoulders and calves and the directional Hydromassage jets allow you to customise your massage to give you soothing comfort exactly where you need it.
There is enough seating for nine at the outside coffee table which converts into a dining table for al-fresco eating. The large parasol has solar-powered lighting or why not dot the lanterns around for a romantic evening under the stars.
Bedroom One has a wonderfully comfortable kingsize bed with wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside tables with directional lighting, hair dryer and Smart QLED TV. The en-suite shower room has a walk-in, floor-level rainfall shower, toilet, hand-basin, shaver point, radiator and storage.
Further along the hall is the second bathroom with full size bath, overhead shower, toilet, hand-basin, shaver point, radiator and storage.
Bedroom Two has a king size bed which can be split into two single beds for flexible sleeping arrangements. Clothes storage in two chest of drawers. Bedside tables and bench.
Further points to note:
- Bookings are from Saturday to Saturday; the booking system looks like it ends on a Friday but every booking is for seven nights.
- The Walnut is a non-smoking property.
- We occasionally offer short breaks out of season but you would need to contact us for availability as we are usually fully booked with weekly or fortnightly bookings.
- The Walnut is a detached property but shares the parking area and plot with the owners’ property.
- As The Walnut is all on one level is it wheelchair accessible but we would suggest it is more suitable for limited mobility once inside.
For Doggy Visitors:
- Dog water bowl, dog towels, ‘Ruff and Tumble’ dog drying mitts (we stock these and the drying coats for purchase), poop bags, treats and toys in our doggy hamper.
- Large crate available on request.
- Fully enclosed courtyard.
- Fully enclosed paddock.
- Sofa and bed throws but we do ask you to provide your own bed linen if your dogs sleep with you.
For Human Visitors:
- WiFi and superfast internet.
- All electricity, heating and hot water.
- All bed linen and towels (tea, hand and bath). All our pillows and duvets are non-feather and bed linen and towels are Egyptian cotton.
- Tea, coffee, sugar and some complimentary coffee/chocolate pods for the Tassimo coffee machine.
- Information folder.
- Discount voucher for local, dog-friendly pub.
- Fluffy towelling robes for use with the hot tub.
- A selection of walking, cycling, OS maps and laminated footpath routes.
- Table-top ironing board and iron.
- Family games.
- Laundry Room (small charge for use of washing machine).
- Luxury welcome hamper.
- All major supermarkets deliver to The Walnut and we can arrange to take delivery of your shopping and put it away for you. If you are arranging a delivery please opt for Walnut Cottage or Willow Farm Cottage in the drop down list and please don’t forget to let us know if you want us to put it away for you before you arrive! We can accept deliveries between 2 and 3pm on the Saturday of your arrival.
- If you book directly with Willow Tree Holidays, to complete your totally relaxing holiday away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life we will provide you with one complimentary massage and one complimentary manicure (or pedicure).